January 2, 2007

How's About A Giggle

Well, after all the hub-bub of Christmas and the overload of presents that the kids received, this story just hit my warped funny bone in all the right spots.

Little Leroy came into the kitchen where his mom was makingdinner. His birthday was coming up, and he thought this was a good time to tell his mother what he wanted.

"Mom, I want a bike for my birthday."Little Leroy was a bit of a troublemaker. He had gotten intotrouble at school and at home.Leroy's mother asked him if he thought he deserved to get abike for his birthday.

"Of course," he said. Leroy's mother, being a Christian woman, wanted him to reflect on his behavior over the last year. "Go to yourroom, Leroy, and think about how you've behaved this year.Then write a letter to God and tell him why you deserve abike for your birthday." Little Leroy stomped up the steps to his room and sat downto write God a letter.

Letter 1: "Dear God, I have been a very good boy this year,and I would like a bike for my birthday. I want a red one.Your friend, Leroy."Leroy knew this was not true, so he tore the letter up and wrote a new one.

Letter 2: "Dear God, I have been an okay boy this year. Istill would like a bike for my birthday. Leroy."This letter was no good either.

Letter 3: "Dear God, I know I haven't been a good boy thisyear. I am very sorry, and I will be a good boy next year ifyou just send me a bike for my birthday. Please. Thank you.Leroy."

Leroy knew this wasn't true, and now he was getting upset.He went downstairs and told his mother he needed to go to church. She thought her plan had worked and told him to behome in time for dinner.

Leroy walked into the church and went to the altar. He looked around to see if anyone was watching. He bent down,picked up the statue of the Virgin Mary, and slipped itunder his coat.

Letter 4: "Dear God, I got your mama. If you want to see her again, send the bike. Signed, You know who."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...