June 27, 2008

There's Nothing Like A Little Baby In The House

Through various circumstances my day resulted in a massive amount of Boy in my house.

Six to be exact. They ranged in ages from 7 months to nearly 13.

It’s been a long time since I’ve had a baby to take care of and it’s funny how fast you forget what seemed like a vortex of parenting. I forgot all about how scheduled my days were when we had a baby in the house. Life consisted of feeding, napping, burping and diapers.

I also forgot how naptimes were such a blessed time. They were manic in the sense that those precious 2 hours of sleeping baby were spent doing all the things you couldn’t do while they were awake; dishes, laundry, food prep, rest.

But the most amazing thing that I had forgotten were the sweet sweet times when I was feeding the baby. The times that you’re forced to rest. To sit still and just soak in this cute little amazing creature with big trusting eyes staring at you as they drank from you or their bottle. Those times that were so quiet and peaceful, the pace so relaxed and focused.

I thoroughly enjoyed being the “Mommy” of a baby again today. Even thought it was just a temporary fill-in for the real deal.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Makes me long for grandchildren. Sigh, if only my children would realize that there are reasonable members of the opposite sex. Son thinks most girls are too silly and daughter thinks boys are lower life forms than pond scum. Sigh

EEEEMommy said...

I have a few friends who have had babies receently, and I wonder what it would be like to have a baby again at this stage. In some ways I think I'd be more relaxed an enjoy it more, in other ways...let's just say it's nice to get beyond the diapers and enjoy the "big kid" stuff without a toddler in tow. :)
I wouldn't mind borrowing one now and again though. :)

Leanne said...

I'm CRAVING the baby stage!

I love it.

Will you call me weird? Or crazy?

The fact remains, my soul longs for another Clan member!

I'm glad you felt so blessed by other people's kids!

Leanne

Halfmoon Girl said...

I am glad to have a good friend who doesn't mind me holding and kissing,and just breathing in her wee one's sweet baby smell. That would scare someone who didn't know me very well... I got confused at the end- is there a real deal sometime in the future?

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Wuh-oh. Those things are dangerous, girl, don'tcha know?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...