July 13, 2008

For The Love Of Chocolate

Saturday was my Grandparent-in-law’s 60th wedding anniversary. We attended a big ole shindig with tons of food. And since we are the big family in the bunch with 6 people we always get the leftovers pawned off onto us.

I am SO not complaining!

One of the perks was a huge portion of a beautiful carrot cake and since I was the designated photographer at the party, I never had a chance to taste it. Of course I’m partial to all things chocolate but cake is cake, right?

So after the kids went to bed, Chris and I sat down and dug in. He had about 3 mouthfuls before he spouted the most endearing thing I think he’s ever said…

“You know, anything but chocolate is just a waste of my time.”

I am convinced that we are soul mates.

6 comments:

Israel said...

You guys were made for each other!!

Thanks for sharing some of that bounty with us!

Leanne

maudie-mae said...

He's a keeper, that's for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily said...

I like him. Oh, and cake too. (but alas...my butt shows that I'm not as picky)

Halfmoon Girl said...

I understand his sentiment, but for me, a good carrot cake with a thick layer of cream cheese icing can occasionally happily divert me from my quest for chocolate. You guys are definitely a good match.

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Awwww! He's definitely your lobster, huh?

Marsha Marsha Marsha said...

My hubs prefers yellow cake with white icing... nothing too sweet and most definitely nothing too chocolatey. Fortunately for me, I have boys that don't care so long as it has SUGAR. Lots and lots of sugar.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...