July 27, 2011

Random Thoughts

Thought #1 - There are a few perks to having generally ignored this blog for a few years. I've lost most of my readers which means I can probably say just about anything I want without any backlash. Oooh the freedom!

Thought #2 - Two of my four children slowly trickled down to my bedroom last night to bunk out on my couch and my floor. At first I was a little miffed at this invasion into my little personal oasis but I'm in this new stage of parenting. As my oldest approaches his sophomore year in high school I'm starting to realize that these kids that I've spent years praying for, sweating over, crying about, and generally giving a giant portion of my heart too, are going to be leaving my home way sooner than I'm ready for. I'm thinking of having regular slumber parties now.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

My little one will be three next month, so I am hardly where you are at....but that totally made me tear up. Enjoy those special moments! :)

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

i can't imagine 10th grade right now... i'm still freaking out a little over 7th grade! i'm glad you are embracing the moments! but next time your kids come to bunk in your room, tell them to bring s'mores with them... it makes it more of a slumber party, right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...