December 10, 2006

Does '80's hair ever really go out of style? Oh yes, honey, it does!

I was a teenager during the '80's.



Those were some exciting years marked by learning to drive, going on my first date, learning how to wear make-up and well, some downright hideous fashions.



Remember neon?



Bobby socks with pumps?



Michael Jacksons glove?



and big hair?



I'm not talking large hair, I'm talking hair that is so big it hits both sides of the doorway when you walk through and goes straight up off your forehead like you just walked into a glass door with wet hairspray.



And I had it!



I have to admit I was well known in those days as the fashionable girl in school. New fad? Gayle was wearing it. New hairstyle? Gayle was wearing it! But sometimes I don't know when to let a good thing go. So as the years after highschool went by, my hair stayed the same. I mean, why mess with a good thing?



The '80's ended and the '90's began and I STILL had my stylin' hair....all long and curly and BIG.




But in the year of 1994 a most momentous occasion occured. I met the man of my dreams and said "Yes" when he asked me to marry him.




And then came the wedding.




December 10th, 1994 came and I still had not changed my hair. My wedding pictures would record for all time, the record breaking height of my bangs.




So today, as we celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary, I got a nice little reminder of my most embarrassing hair moments (so far) as we reminisced over our wedding photos.



And just for fun, I thought I'd post a picture of one of my bridesmaids. Can you guess who she is? (Oh pleez, pleez forgive me when you see this, Mwaaa-haaa-haaa)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...