September 10, 2007

Bye Bye Babysitter


We were driving home from church the other day and stopped at the light. When I looked to my left, there was our favorite babysitter driving in the car next to us. I immediately rolled down the window and began to hoot and holler and playfully cat-call at her. (I’m weird like that AND she is 21 and a cutie.) But sometimes I forget that my four year old rides in the seat right behind me.

He immediately rolled down his window and, not to be outdone by his very own Mommy, hollered the hippest words he could think of, out the window to our beloved babysitter.

“Yo, you have a big booty,” followed by lot’s of little boy giggles and then silence as he waited for approval.

This wasn’t quite what he got. It was more like shocked silence followed by complete embarrassment. As hubby, and I, and even the other three kids sat with our mouths gaping open at what seemed to be the longest red light of my life, my husband, in an honorable attempt to salvage the situation said, “I’m sorry Carlianne, I think he’s been watching too much Shrek!”

Nice try honey!

I think we can say Sayonara to date nights.

13 comments:

carrie said...

Oh No! I do stuff like that too, then am shocked when my kids try to mimic me and take it a step too far.

That picture of the guy is hilarious.

Halfmoon Girl said...

I have worn the same look at times too. Hopefully she has a sense of humor. Since I am not directly affected- i think what he did was HILARIOUS!

justjuls said...

Hee hee!
I love little boys.
I had a chance to take 5 and 6 year olds in a group out on the playground yesterday and I asked them why it was so hot in Texas - one of the kids said, "Cause it's Texas." ha ha ha

Family O'Foxes said...

That is funny! Maybe he has been watching a lot of Ice Age 2 The Meltdown...

~Amy

penguinsandladybugs said...

Ohhhh, this made me giggle. You know, you can have date nights IN, too. We send our kids to another room with a movie and pizza while me and my husband have a nice dinner together. It may not work perfectly, but it is nice. That is, if you have to start looking for a new babysitter :)

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Maybe if you promise her you'll lock him in his room she'll still come watch your kids. But you'd better pay a little increase in her hourly wage for pain and suffering.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word!! I hope she took it playfully! Still........it is funny. :)

Tamara said...

I just totally busted out laughing! I am so cracking up! My babysitter is 21 also and she would be OH SO FORGIVING! Give her a chance, I promise, she might just have giggled when she drove away ;) TOO FUNNY!!!!

Chelle said...

Jeremy and I roared over this one. I probably wouldn't have been so tickled if it was my kid...but as it stands, this was hilarious to read!

Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

laughing. out. loud.

Sharnessa said...

I laughed nearly as hard hearing it a second time!!! And I totally worked out my prego abs yesterday when you told me the first time! CLASSIC!!!!!!!! (Car will have to share that at his wedding one day or something.)

Hugs,
Sharnessa - Carlianne's big-bootied sis

Anonymous said...

Your life is funnier than Last Comis Standing! Good thing I didn't have coffee in my mouth as I was reading, or it would most certainly be all over my computer screen!

Kathy in WA said...

Oh - this is too funny! I can just picture the gaping mouths and shocked expressions. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...