August 28, 2008

Love On Your Kids

When you're a mom your life changes. All of the sudden your focus goes from your own pleasure and pursuits to the immense responsibility of loving and raising this tiny little gift you've been given.

It's all consuming.

It's exciting and wonderful.

It's scary.

And as soon as you look into the eyes of your new baby, you realize that your worst fear is that harm should come to them or any other child for that matter.

So when I heard about my friend Marsha and the sudden loss of her 3 year old son Christian, I ached and mourned. And I immediately thought of the harsh words I had just spoken to my own children and ran to give them my time and my hugs.

I never knew Christian but I know being a mom and I can't imagine a pain worse than losing your sweet innocent child to a tragic accident.

So please take a moment and read the celebration of Christian's life. I can't think of anything that I would like more at a time like this than to share my sweet son one last time with others so they can know his face, his smile, and his quirky habits.

And then go snuggle with your kids. Read them stories. Tell them you love them. Because our time here is short and we need to use every minute we are given to let our children know they are loved.

4 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

Thanks for this Gayle. This is what I have been thinking about ever since I heard about little Christian.

Growin' With It said...

oh so very true. i truly wish these thoughts would come to mind when my nostrils are flared and that "look is in my eyes". precious moments we have...all of them!

~Rhen @yestheyareallmine said...

How horrible. I just can't help but cry. The family is in my prayers.

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Thank you for remembering Christian with me, Gayle. I can't put into words just how much the prayers and love from my friends have meant to me and my family!

Much love,
Marsha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...