December 6, 2010

Well That's One For The Books

About 5 in the morning Gabe came stumbling down the stairs into my bedroom. He looked like he was still asleep as he held up his finger (the middle one) and cried, "My finger is bleeding." I stumbled out of bed wrapped a bandaid around it and tucked him in between Chris and I, hoping I was still sleepy enough to grab a few more hours of shut eye.

The next morning, when I woke up enough to think clearly, I asked him how he hurt his finger....WHILE HE WAS ASLEEP.

He said, "Something was wrapped around my finger squeezing it tight so I bit it off and it made my finger bleed."

Come to find out his arm had fallen asleep in the middle of the night and it FELT like something was wrapped around his finger so the poor kid chomped down on his numb little hand so hard that it broke the skin.

Is that weird or what?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the poor little guy! I can totally relate... I often wake up with my hand numb, and in my sleepy stupor, I completely spaz out and start screaming to my husband that my hand has fallen off. After 13 years, I think he has learned to stop reacting with anything other than, "go back to sleep honey". :)

*Angela* said...

poor little guy. I'm ashamed to admit this story made me laugh out loud, though. This is hilarious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...